Week Three learning opportunities:
- Math: Most are working in their JUMP math workbook. You can find your assigned work for this week on the instruction sheet for Week Three inside your white binder. In addition to the workbook work, you can log in to Sumdog, and you can practice mental math and your flashcards.
- Reading: You will find in your bundle a new Read to Self "good fit" book (or you may have a few choices). If you already are reading at home, keep doing so. Mrs. Riley has put reading instructions as well as a new log inside your white binder. Check out the Bing Bang Book Gang reading club and contest. You can email or call Mrs. Chaffee for details. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing: This week you have writing tasks inside your white binder: Daily Language and Daily Writing. You also have been given your writer's notebook (journal) and some extra lined paper. *This week: Text Features.
- ADST: In this week's bundle, the ADST/Science project of the week is to BUILD A BOAT!
- Health & Physical Activity: April is Heart Smart Month! For the month of April we will be practicing skipping and keeping our heart rates up. Included in our classroom bundle is a Heart Smart workbook, skipping rope, pledge heart for your bedroom window, and a guide of different JUMP techniques from Jump Rope for Heart.
- Fresh Air Friday activities -- Earth Day is Wednesday April 22
For more fun learning extensions, check out our Helpful Links for Families: